N-Game v2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Dying Breed
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:24 pm by Ephemeral

» N v2.0 is a good game, yes or no
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 am by V3L0C1T4

» N v2.0 is fun. Do you agree?
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 am by V3L0C1T4

» Corona Virus - Share your tips & discuss
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 am by james_s

» Good Wishes From The AiR
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm by james_s

» Custom Color!!!!
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 am by JaeyDoesYT

» The 14th flavour?
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Suggestions for Nv2.0
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Level data, fully explained.
Is N getting worse or better over time? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm by vrugtehagel

Is N getting worse or better over time?

2 posters

Go down

Is N getting worse or better over time? Empty Is N getting worse or better over time?

Post by TORNADO Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:42 am

Hey all,
First off, I dont know if this is in another topic, but I have an interesting discussion for the forums.

I love N very much, and trust me, I had always liked the concepts of N (Speedruns, Challenges, NPoints, Mapping, Playing, ETC.) and I always had my pros and cons of playing and mapping in this game.

My question here is this: Is N getting better or worse?

I'll answer with an example:
The pros of PLAYING N is it made me better on competition and playing fun maps in general, nice warming up to my hands xD.
Cons of PLAYING N is that either I completely get powned and get bad scores, or I pown and get awesome scores, which many dont see in me.

The pros of MAPPING on N is that everyone loves my maps, and I make sure my maps are not a waste of time to make and they are impressive.
Cons for MAPPING is that I tend to overdo maps, I expect lots of feedback and demos, and get nothing sometimes. Another con is that I either make my maps too easy, hard, or impossible by mistake, either way I get screwed over.

Judging by my mapping and playing, I feel N has just a bit got better for me but not a change I'd see as "Big". I feel like when I was newer, I never caused any issues and I was a fun Mine-map maker. I love most maps i see, but lets face it, the drop of experience for most players and mappers are un-necessary maps like penises and very offensive maps.

In 1 sentence, N has stayed the same for me over time.

State your answers and/or opinions on mine, no harm I hope will be in these opinions, but I want your side of N. I hope you like this :) 8)

TORNADO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is N getting worse or better over time? Empty Re: Is N getting worse or better over time?

Post by james_s Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:34 pm

You sure you're from Missouri and not Hollywood(desperate)? heh. Well, you know I am a fan of evaluating own work. And I think big maps with lots of décor (esp if messy) are less inviting to run cause u know ur just gonna get lost/ die hundreds of times. Having said that though, I don't like quick maps either.

Anyway you're definitely one of the very good mappers

ps. the title of this thread is about something else surely
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down