N-Game v2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Dying Breed
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:24 pm by Ephemeral

» N v2.0 is a good game, yes or no
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 am by V3L0C1T4

» N v2.0 is fun. Do you agree?
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 am by V3L0C1T4

» Corona Virus - Share your tips & discuss
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 am by james_s

» Good Wishes From The AiR
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm by james_s

» Custom Color!!!!
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 am by JaeyDoesYT

» The 14th flavour?
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Suggestions for Nv2.0
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Level data, fully explained.
NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm by vrugtehagel

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

+7
paulheisemberg12
swipenet
TBOLT
thejumper£#!
BtoasterBoy
Spackal
Ephemeral
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! Empty NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

Post by BtoasterBoy Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 am

THE CONTEST HAS ENDED
CONGRATULATIONS TO SWIPENET
Score board: http://tinyurl.com/Nv2Points5

There's a new sheriff in town! Two of them! Me and shomman! And this town ain't big enough for the two of us! So clearly the solution is that we need a bigger town! So we made a bigger town. Specifically, we extended the metaphorical town that is the NPoints competition to include the 1.4 community. That's right! For the first time ever, the NPoints competition is including the 1.4 community! That news again: NPoints now includes the 1.4 community! I'm sure you're all as excited as we are about this. We have gotten many maps from 1.4 mappers, and we are also running the competition on the other forums. Speaking of getting maps from people, we've gotten maps from a lot of different people! And they're actually good!

Other news related to the new management: Each week, the 5 maps posted will be based on a theme. For example, we might have a week entirely of speedruns, or a week entirely of drone based maps. We will release the theme of each week a few days before posting the maps of that week.

Other than that, I suppose the contest will mostly be the same. Play a map to enter into the contest. 5 maps per week. 10 weeks long. Get a top 10 to get a point or some points.
0th = 10 points
1st = 9 points
2nd = 8 points
etc.

Maps will be posted at midnight on Mondays (Pacific Standard Time), and scores for the week will be tallied the following Sundays. There will be a score board available once we make it. Also, because there are physics differences between 1.4 and v2, there will be two separate score boards.

Also the contest will start December 7th. I guess I should have mentioned that sooner. Like, in big bold letters at the top of the post. Oh well.

WEEK #......................................THEME
  1............................................Great mappers of v2
  2............................................Great mappers of 1.4
  3............................................Variety week
  4............................................N++ Week
  5............................................Speedrun Week
  6............................................Challenge Week
  7............................................Metanet redux Week
  8............................................Great mappers of 1.4 (2)
  9............................................Highscorers Week
 10...........................................Some mappers of v2 (2)

Nv2 Scoreboard:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xoq1zbc7Z_8iFGHqzzbXMj9WIm2u8yu7P_T5TzwyUsI/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1

Nv1.4 Highscore Scoreboard:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10r5LuZmae_cZLAox1UtcBR_h81gqZXYkJf85Ilp6QEk/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1

Nv1.4 Speedrun Scoreboard:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lyt2Wf4_BZacvH5uKScSZkHC7OALa_Kme3ZuQlyn-dA/edit#gid=0

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:26 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated info)
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! Empty Re: NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

Post by BtoasterBoy Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 am

Oh! Also, I forgot to mention! There are still map slots open! We could use a few more maps. If you are interested in giving us a map, just pm shomman or myself. Probably me actually, because shomman is a huge baby who doesn't like talking to people.

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shomman got upset at me)
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! Empty Just 5 more days!!!

Post by BtoasterBoy Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:20 am

In case some of you are not actually familiar with how npoints works, here is what Nahoj originally wrote about the rules (edited a little bit, as the rules have changed slightly)

Nahoj wrote:How it works:

- Here's an example of how the maps will be called:
[S5W1] Map Title - by Johan1996
- Every sunday I will give all of the players that played a map their NPoints.
- You DO NOT have to sign up for this contest. Playing one of the maps is enough to be put on the leaderboard.
- All maps will only distribute NPoints ONCE and that is after 1 week of publishing.

How to earn Npoints:
Every sunday I will take a look at all of the active maps of the past week and distribute the points to everyone who is in either 1 or more of the leaderboards.

The amount of points every spot gives you:
0th spot = 10 points
1st spot = 9 points
2nd spot = 8 points
3rd spot = 7 points
4th spot = 6 points
5th spot = 5 points
6th spot = 4 points
7th spot = 3 points
8th spot = 2 points
9th spot = 1 point

Example: A player gets a 0th, 4th and 8th spot in the 5 maps that I've published. That means that he'll get 10 points for 0th, 6 points for 4th and 2 points for 8th, so that is a total 18 points for that player

Tip: Adding a map to your favorites will make it easier to find them back.

NOTE: The account publishing the maps will be "NPoints Season 5"

The contest will begin soon! DECEMBER 7 2015

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought I should mention the account name)
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! Empty Re: NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

Post by Ephemeral Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Wait, do you still need the maps?
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:19 pm

If you could, yeah, we would appreciate you making that map.

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:51 am

There are a few people that have promised us maps that we are still waiting for (hopefully you know who you are, and we will remind you when it's close to the time that we need it). However, at this time, we do not need maps from any new people. If you are not sure if you promised us a map, just ask one of us and we can tell you. :)
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Oh, okay then. Well, i never promised you any map. I just said i could make one ;)

Whenever i'll have nothing better to do, i'm starting to make a map.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 am

Week 1 maps are up!!!

This week we have maps by a few of the best mappers of the Nv2 community: XandoToaster, Spackal, Blizz, Fujita Seiko, and Yoke300

Find the maps by searching "[S5W1]" under title.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:27 pm

the one by thejumper741 isnt
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:13 pm

THUNDERBOLT wrote:the one by thejumper741 isnt

Yeah, he made an edit of fujita's level, and after getting the level data, he didn't think to get rid of the search code in the title. You won't get any points for playing his.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:36 am

Week 1 is over! swipenet kicked butt by getting 47 points. Congratulations swipenet, and also good work to everyone who played this week.
Week 2 maps will be uploaded tomorrow
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:01 am

Week 2 levels are up! Search S5W2 to find them. This week, all the maps are by some great nreality mappers!
We have maps by Aidiera, lifdoff, Sunset, macrohenry, and swipenet!
Thanks to all you guys for letting us use such awesome maps!

Time until the week is over: http://itsalmo.st/#endofweek2_eetw5
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spackal Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:33 am

Where are you announcing the theme for the week? I've looked back at the previous posts, but I can't find a link to where you're announcing the weeks theme. ?

Spackal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:36 am

Good call Spackal, we will make them clearer next time. We did put them in the posts, but they might not have been obvious:
Week 1:
"best mappers of the Nv2 community"

Week 2:
"great nreality mappers"

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:58 pm

I've been updating the first post of this thread to include the theme of each week. There's a table near the bottom of the post that shows it.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:15 am

The week 3 maps are up! This is a variety week! We have all kinds of maps from all walks of life!

Search S5W3 to find them
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 am

Week 3 is over!
swipe and Cineva fought hard, but swipe managed to get just one more point than Cineva!
Here's a thing... a sort of a note:
swipe and Cineva got every top 2, and golfkid got every 2nd. So, good for them! As a veteran of the contest, I can tell you that is not easy to do!

IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not post maps next week. Week 4 maps will be posted 4 January, 2016. We know a lot of people go on vacation around this time of year, so we wanted to make sure we didn't screw over anyone by posting maps at this time. After we post week 4 maps, everything will continue as normal.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 pm

BtoasterBoy wrote:
THUNDERBOLT wrote:the one by thejumper741 isnt

Yeah, he made an edit of fujita's level, and after getting the level data, he didn't think to get rid of the search code in the title. You won't get any points for playing his.

True, lol, i don't know about this contest XD
I'ts only a funny edit...
thejumper£#!
thejumper£#!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:57 am

thejumper£#! wrote:True, lol, i don't know about this contest XD

haha, it's cool, person, don't worry about it
and by the way, you're doing alright considering that you didn't know about the contest! You're still top 20! There are some decent people you could beat if you play through the rest of it. :D
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:03 am

Week 4 maps are up!
The theme of this week is N++! That's right! Everybody's favorite ninja-based-platformer has a sequel on the PS4, and we're here to show it off a little bit!
shom and I chose a few interesting levels to recreate for your enjoyment! All credit goes to metanet, except for Map 2, "Ride the Lightning", which was a user level, made by Kalevra_V.
If you somehow have a PS4 and do not have this game, get it now!
link to Playstation 4 N++ page

NOTE: There was an error with the titles of this week's maps. You can't read the full title of Map 1 (which is weird because I triple checked all of them, but anyway), the full title is "multiple redundancy self-destruct sequence activation protocol" by metanet (edited for PC by shomman)

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : N goofed up)
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!! Empty Week 4 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 am

This week was crazy! The 5 possible 0ths were spread between 4 different people! It has been a very long time since that has happened! Congratulations to all who participated. Week 5 maps will be posted in ~24 hours, as usual.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:02 am

Week 5 maps are up!

Search S5W5 to find them!

It's speedrun week! do them fast!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Previous scores will be updated?
thejumper£#!
thejumper£#!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:02 am

What do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:38 pm

shomman wrote:What do you mean?

Scoreboard is not updated!
thejumper£#!
thejumper£#!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next