NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NPoints Season 5: The Contest is Over!!!

Post by shomman on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:21 am

Looks like it's updated to me. What don't you see?

Here's the link again. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xoq1zbc7Z_8iFGHqzzbXMj9WIm2u8yu7P_T5TzwyUsI/edit?usp=sharing

Two time Npoints Winner - Npoints Season 2 Npoints Season 3

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:22 am

For me is not updated! :)
I played some levels in this days.. but i have the same score of when i seen this contest for the first time.

I don't kwow why.
I have 20 points only with the first week.
So i asked if you update the score of old week or not, how is the rule? I think that at the end of the contest, all scores are checked for the last time to calculate the winner ( :^^:  maybe swipenet). Or not?
thejumper£#!
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shomman on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:14 am

The scores are calculated at the end of the week. You must have been knocked off between getting your score and the end of the week. You can see the countdown for this weeks levels, here:
http://itsalmo.st/#endofweek5
If you're sure that you got scores in the last few weeks that weren't on the leaderboard that we updated, let me know, and I'll go check all the levels for you.

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:29 am

many ppl think that If they get a score on 1 lvl mid-week that should be put onto the leaderboard , maybe that's where confusion lies

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shomman on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:24 am

That's what I think too. Unless he's sure he did get a score that lasted to the end of the week, I won't go check all the levels.

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:34 pm

For me it's not good... It's not really clear doing in this way, no? :D
I prefer if all scores i't calculated at the end of the contest... by the way it's only my opinion

:'( :'(

I thought that every week the total score was upgraded by updating even those of previous weeks, because if one did not have time can recover. (count down has been posted only one time)

For example, I knew nothing of this rule, and this week I've played a few more level I have 60 points or so, however, is not valid according to these rules.

The first few weeks I was busy, and I played a few levels randomly, just because they were in the popular levels
thejumper£#!
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shomman on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid you misunderstood the rules of the contest. There is a limit. This time limit is one of the main aspects of NPoints, as a contest. Sorry that you missed a week or two, that's just the way the game goes. For your information, the scoreboards are counted and updated 6 days after the levels are published, and then the next weeks maps are published the following day. I'll make sure we post the countdown for you, from now on.

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:42 pm

only the current week that is on now , is the week you can get points on up to a max of 50

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 am

Week 5 is over!!!

We had a few new people this week, as well as some old faces. kappaprimo showed up out of left field and took 40 points! swipenet has maintained his impressive lead over everyone, keeping 47 points! However, golfkid, patfelix, and Kai are all pretty close in score. If swipe slips up for even one week, this could still be anyone's game. Also, Jirka could still make a come-from-behind victory! NPoints is a crazy contest! I know that from experience!
Congratulations to everyone who played.

Week 6 maps will be posted tomorrow.
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 am

Week 6 is up!!!

This week is full of challenging maps! We left each mapper to decide exactly what that meant to them, and we got some really interesting maps! Our mappers this week are XandoToaster, lifdoff, blacklef, fujita seiko, and Hyteriux.
Special thanks to Hyteriux, who, due to complications, made his map on short notice! We really appreciate it!

Here's the countdown to the end of the week:
http://itsalmo.st/#theendofnpointsweek6

All maps were tested by myself for completion and AGD, and all maps are possible.
Search S5W6 to find the maps
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 6 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:52 am

This week was very insane! Record breaking! Mildly interesting!

There were a few season firsts this week. Most notably, swipenet got all 50 points. This is the first time anybody has accomplished this in the current season (at least in v2, Eddy has kinda been mopping the floor with everyone over in 1.4), so congratulations to swipenet! And this week wasn't only good for swipe. When considering those that have played in previous weeks, this is also golfkid's best week, Kai's best week, and sdrawkcab's best week! Congratulations to all of them!

This is also the first week of the season where not all the board were filled. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since the maps were supposed to be challenging, but I really thought more people would grow a pair give it their all! Only 8 people beat Fujita's map, and only 9 people beat Hyteriux's map! Congratulations to the brave souls who faced these difficulties and came back unscathed!

Week 7 maps will be posted tomorrow at midnight, as per usual.
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 7 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:12 am

Week 7 maps are up!!!

Out of our love for our game's creators, we based the maps on some of the metanet maps that we all know and love. All of these reduxes were made by either shomman or myself, and we tested all of them for AGD and completion (or more like I did, shomman)

Countdown to the end of the week:
http://itsalmo.st/#endofweek7_ml0js

Search 'S5W7' to find the maps.
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 am

Week 7 is over! Swipenet got 50 points for the SECOND week in a row! golfkid, Kai, and patfelix kept up their battle for second place, but none of them scored more than 40 points. This was a rather difficult week for our regulars. The highly irregular oxymoron played again this week, and got 25 points, and our current grandmaster, SpartaX18, also played for the first time this season, and got 9 points. The talented Sorglos also made an appearance, and scored on more than one level this time, getting a total of 15 points! paulheisemberg also had a strong week, getting 27 points!

Congratulations to everyone who played!
Week 8 maps will be posted tomorrow.
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swipenet on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Boy, I was looking at the v1.4 forums and was worried that the focus was on that version of the contest only. Glad to see there's a lot of attention being devoted to the one I'm competing in!

Thanks to the hosts for keeping the maps fresh and organizing the whole shebang and the players for keeping things interesting. Gotta watch out for those last-minute runs. Took me a while to innovate around Sparta's perfectly-executed run on the redux of "fool's gold". Is paulheisemberg a new player or a familiar face? Just wondering 'cause he is pretty good!

Looking forward to the final weeks!

P.S. Excuse the indentations, someone has masqueraded as me and stolen my username.
swipenet
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shomman on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Awesome swipe. Paul's a semi-new player. Quite promising indeed. We're glad you're so devoted to playing all the maps so well!

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 8 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:05 am

Week 8 is here!

We have a really great community for this game, and we wanted these maps to reflect that as much as possible, and so that is why we have a second week devoted entirely to maps by 1.4 players!

This week we have maps by blacklef, lifdoff, Losttortuga, Tempus_Fugit, and RandomDigits! Thank you to all the mappers who participated! We couldn't have done this without you.

Time to the end of the week: http://itsalmo.st/#endofweek8
Search "S5W8" to find the maps this week.
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paulheisemberg12 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Thank you swipe. I think this season is very exciting, especially with you, golfkid, Kai, patfelix, Jirka, Oxy...!
paulheisemberg12
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 8 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:34 am

Week 8 has ended. Congratulations to swipenet for getting 50 points for the THIRD week in a row!!!

This wasn't just a good week for swipenet. patfelix had his best week, getting 42 points! sdrawkcab also had his best week, getting 21 points!
Kai only got 19 points, making this the first time this season he fell below 20.
This was a fairly average week for everyone else.
oxy did his thing. He showed up on the first or second day, only played 3 of the maps, kicked ass, and then didn't bother improving, and ended up 1st on 2 of the 5 maps.

Week 9 maps will be posted tomorrow at midnight (PST). Congratulations to everyone who played!
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 9 is up!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:14 am

Week 9 maps are up!!!

This week is a real treat for everybody! We have maps from some of the best highscorers of v2, including 3 grandmasters of the game! Our mappers include:
--Former Grandmaster of v2 cooperverdon, famous for his numerous maxes and unmaxes in v2, including 00-0
--Current holder for most v2 top 10s, oxymoron93!
--Current Grandmaster of 1.4, former Grandmaster of v2, and clearly the best player in the history of this game, EddyMataGallos!
--Current Grandmaster of v2, SpartaX18, famous for having three times as many ties as all of 1.4 combined, and who, unlike most highscorers, also makes really good maps!
--and also shomman

Thank you to all those who mapped for us!
Countdown to end of week: http://itsalmo.st/#endofweek9
Search S5W9 to find this week's maps!
Happy Pointsing!
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartaX18 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Hahaha, hilarious post, Toast! :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by patfelix on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Last edited by patfelix on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

patfelix
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:24 pm

probs 9 cos swip got 0th score 1st

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shomman on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Yep, thunder's right. You get 9 points if you tie. There's still time though oxy pat! Beat him!

shomman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swipenet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 am

Phew! You scared me patfelix! A lot of you guys start playing really late in the week.
swipenet
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 9 is over!!!

Post by BtoasterBoy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 am

Week 9 has ended!!!

swipenet got another 50 points!!! Again!!! This keeps happening!!!
patfelix got his best week so far, with 44 points! and he gained a lot of ground against golf, who only got 33 points, one of his worst weeks! Speaking of worst weeks, oxy only got 10 points this week, making this, by far his worst week! His worst week where he bothered playing anyway! Maybe he should get off his butt and actually try next week to prove himself. ;)
Also noteworthy, sdrawkcab had his best week so far, getting 24 points! In doing so, he passed Cineva, shomman, and deep97, getting a top 10 spot!
The competition for placement is still going. Places in the top 10 spots can still shift around, and a good week from some of the people outside of the top 10 could rocket them up to one of those special spots!

Keep pointsing everybody!!!
BtoasterBoy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top