N-Game v2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Dying Breed
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:24 pm by Ephemeral

» N v2.0 is a good game, yes or no
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 am by V3L0C1T4

» N v2.0 is fun. Do you agree?
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 am by V3L0C1T4

» Corona Virus - Share your tips & discuss
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 am by james_s

» Good Wishes From The AiR
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm by james_s

» Custom Color!!!!
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 am by JaeyDoesYT

» The 14th flavour?
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Suggestions for Nv2.0
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Level data, fully explained.
NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm by vrugtehagel

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome

+2
Hyteriux
Threat
6 posters

Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:39 am

UPDATE: The contest will begin 8 January 2018!

UPDATE 2: Here is a link to the season's rankings table: NPoints Season 7 Rankings

UPDATE 3: There has been a change regarding the rules for tallying points every week. If you are interested, look at the Rules section below.

STILL PART OF UPDATE 3: We have also decided that this season will only run for 5 weeks. We are going to try to run shorter seasons more often. As much as we would love to run NPoints all year long, this contest is a very big commitment, and a lot of work goes into it. And so, we believe that by running shorter seasons more often, we will be able to bring you more NPoints for your highscoring pleasure. In addition, please keep sending us maps! Even if the season is almost over, it won't be long before another one comes, so we can always use good maps! If you have strong feelings about these changes, please let us know either by commenting here, or by messaging us on the discord (discord.me/nplusplus thanks tbolt  :)  )

Approach, young children, and let old uncle toaster tell you a tale about a long forgotten tradition of our people.

Back in the old days, in the year 2016, there was a glorious highscoring competition in the Nv2 community. The best mappers of the community would come together to make 50 outstanding maps, and the best players of the community would come together to compete on those maps. They would call it NPoints.

To be clear, NPoints did not only happen in 2016. This contest stretched back to the early days of the v2 community, all the way back to 2014. As the community changed, as great mappers came and great mappers left, as great players came and great players left, the contest would go on.

I hear some of you saying, "But old uncle toaster, why are you telling us about this old thing that old people did? We want to go outside and play with our skateboards and our Nintendo! This contest does not seem very relevant to us."

Well let me remind you of the title of this thread:

NPoints is coming back!

That's right young v2 players, NPoints is returning for your enjoyment. This season will be run by polty and myself.

The contest will begin after the new year 8 January 2018 (UTC +3). We are still looking for maps! If any talented mappers are interested in contributing to the contest, contact either polty or myself on the discord.

RULES

The rules of the contest are very simple.

Once the contest begins, we will post 5 maps each week (Midnight, every Monday, UTC +3).

You will have exactly 6 days to play each map, and in that time, you will try to get the best run that you can.

At the end of the 6 days, we will tally the points. Points are assigned based on how well you placed on each map.

0th = 10 Points
1st = 9 Points
2nd = 8 Points
3rd = 7 Points
4th = 6 Points
5th = 5 Points
6th = 4 Points
7th = 3 Points
8th = 2 Points
9th = 1 Point

If you did not get a top 10 on a map, you do not get any points.

As an example, if one week, you get 8th on one map, 4th on another, 6th on a third, and you don't get a top 10 on the other two maps, you would get 2 + 6 + 4 = 12 points for that week.

ADDITIONAL RULE FOR SCORING:
We have added a new rule this season as an incentive to get a top 10 on every map of the week!

After we assign points with the old system, we will make a list of the players who got top 10 scores on every map for that week. We will give each of these players additional points based on how well they did that week, with the best player getting the least points. Also, each player can only earn up to 5 additional points this way.

To help illustrate this rule, the following imgur link will show how this rule would have affected one week of Season 6: https://imgur.com/a/kWyDM

Then the next week starts! And you do it again!

After the contest ends, all the points you got over the course of the season are added together for your final score. Whoever got the most points in the season wins! Also, everyone who had fun wins! After all, fun is the most important part of NPoints!

FAQ

Q How do I enter into the contest?
A To enter into the contest, all you have to do is get a top 10 run on a map. If your name is on the board when we tally points for the week, then you are already competing!

Q Can I still get points for a map after the week is over?
A No! After a week has ended, we will stop looking at those levels. Any run you get after that does not matter to us.

Q When exactly will the contest start?
A We're still deciding that! It depends on how quickly we can get some maps! However, we will be sure to keep everybody updated on the details of the contest as they are decided! The people have spoken, and the people want us to begin the contest 8 January 2018!

Q When exactly are you posting maps and tallying points?
A Maps are posted Midnight, every Monday, UTC +3. Points are tallied 6 days later,
23:59, the following Saturday, UTC +3

Q How long will this contest run?
A Five weeks

Q I'm still confused and you haven't answered my questions!
A That's okay! If you have any other questions, just contact polty or myself on the discord. We will be happy to help you!

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:09 am; edited 12 times in total
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Re: NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome

Post by Threat Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:04 pm

MY FINGERS ARE READY
Threat
Threat
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Re: NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome

Post by TBOLT Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:44 pm

discord.me/nplusplus #nv2 if u cant find
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyteriux Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:33 am

I obviously want to submit some maps but I have been going through a bunch of shit recently so I don't know if I'll have time to make any but I'll let you know
Hyteriux
Hyteriux
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sabk Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

I've got a map coming I'll send it to you soon toaster hopefully unless I'm too lazy to complete it :)

sabk
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty We have set up the Season 7 rankings!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:13 am

Here is a link to the Season 7 ranking table:
--------> NPoints Season 7 Rankings

This link was also added to the original post in this thread, so it should be easy for everyone to find.

Good luck to all players!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:20 am

We have made an update to the rules. If you are interested in reading the new rule, please look back to the initial post on this thread.

If you are not interested in reading the new rule, we won't make you! We at NPoints live by a simple code: Fun first! So if you don't think that reading new rules is fun, well then by god we won't make you read a new rule!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 1 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 am

The first week's maps are up! and actually have been for some time but I've been busy so I'm only writing this now...

Our 5 maps this week come from Sunset, Psycho Devil, Arsenic, Polt, and myself (XandoToaster)!

Search S7W1 in title to find the maps for this week. Good luck to all participants!

Last edited by BtoasterBoy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:34 am

hi, i made a map for npoints :D

Checkmate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Good news, everyone! After some technical troubles, we got a timer working again! If you're not entirely sure what time the week is going to end, you can just follow this link, and the timer there will show you exactly how long you have until the week is over! http://itsalmo.st/#nps7w1
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 1 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:34 am

Week 1 is done! And what a week it was!

CLICK TO SEE POINTS:

We had some new people, but mostly, we had a LOT of returning players. Multiple time NPoints champion pzylL has come back to play another season, and as I'm sure many people expected, he won the week. However, he did not get a perfect week! Another returning player, oxymoron93, had by far the best NPoints week he's ever had, and took one 0th away from pzylL! Icy-Sole also returned, and took four 1sts and one 2nd. grydx2, who came in 3rd last season, returned with a very impressive 38 points! golfkid and Jirka have returned, and only ended up with a 1 point difference! Former NPoints host, TBOLT, has also returned this week, earning a respectable 9 points. We also had one new name, but an old face in the Nv2 community, AlQaholic, aka sabk, returned to the contest earning 3 points.

We also have some new faces to the NPoints competition!
lamus123 took 5th place this week, earning 36 points. blo earned 17 points. flipmasta earned 6 points. dlaggn earned 4 points, and Arsenic earned 2 points.

One note for this week: We added the new rule to give players additional points for highscoring every map of the week, and it seemed to pay off! We had an unprecedented EIGHT PLAYERS get top 10s on every map this week! You can see who earned additional points in the table above.

This is looking to be the most competitive season of NPoints yet! I can't wait to see how it plays out.

New maps will be posted tomorrow.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkmate Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:34 pm

lamus123 isn't new

Checkmate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Checkmate wrote:lamus123 isn't new

I didn't see their name on any of the old NPoints boards. I know they're old in the community, but I'm pretty sure they're new to npoints highscoring.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 2 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Week 2 maps are up! This week's maps are from flipmasta, grydx2, polt, HaViX, and shilo1122!

I'd like to find an alternative to itsalmo.st for the countdown timer, so let me know what you think of this one: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180120T13&p0=816&msg=NPS7W2&font=sanserif&csz=1

If you prefer the other timer, I still made one for itsalmo.st, but I now hate that laggy terrible garbage website: http://itsalmo.st/#nps7w2

Search S7W2 to find the maps! Good luck to all participants!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty NPoints Season 7 - Week 2 Is Over!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:19 am

Week 2 maps are done! There were some big ups and downs this week, and I really have no idea where this contest is going!

CLICK TO SEE POINTS:

We had more players this week, but still had 7 people get top 10s on every map this week! oxymoron93, Icy-Sole, golfkid, grydx2, dlaggn, flipmasta, and Jirka all earned top 10s on every map of the week, and all earned more than 20 points! oxy in particular earned 51 points, getting the first perfect week of the new season!

The next best players of the week were w95559w and deep97, earning 16 and 13 points respectively! We also had 8 players earn less than 10 points this week! What a diverse cast of characters we're seeing this season!

There is one notable name that hasn't been mentioned yet: pzylL only earned 8 points this week! He held 0th on HaViX's map for most of the week before oxy and Icy both beat him, and he did not play any other map! Is pzylL done with the contest? Did he just forget about this week? Is he still alive?! I sure hope so, but we'll have to wait until next week to find out!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:47 pm

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome 24nfgau edited your post Toast a bit
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty NPoints Season 7 - Week 3 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am

Week 3 maps are up!

This week we have maps from Arsenic, GMO, w95559w, flipmasta, and deep97!

Here's the countdown for when the week ends: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180127T13&p0=816&msg=NPS7W3&font=sanserif&csz=1

Good luck!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 3 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:09 am

Week 3 is over!

CLICK TO SEE POINTS:

What a close week! 9 players earned at least 20 points, and 8 of those people scored on every map of the week! Nobody earned more than 45 points, which rarely happens in NPoints. oxymoron93 earned 40 points and Icy-Sole earned 43 points, making them currently tied for 1st for the season! dlaggn had another great week, earning 37 points, and going up in the boards. golfkid earned 36 points, passing grydx2, who only earned 23 points, and putting himself in real competition for 3rd place overall!

w95559w and flipmasta tied with 27 points this week! deep97 only earned 24 points, but he would have done better than both of them if he had scored on every map! Those bonus points are really showing their affect here!

We also had two names added to the board this week! Deathkeeper and deniseich each earned 1 point! It may not be much, but earning any NPoints is impressive in my book!

Week 4 maps will go up tomorrow!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 4 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 am

Week 4 maps are up!

This week we have maps from HaViX, GMO, Polt, TBOLT, and Norkkom!

You can find a countdown to the end of the week here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180203T13&p0=816&msg=NPS7W4&font=sanserif&csz=1

Good luck!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 4 is over!

Post by BtoasterBoy Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 am

Week 4 maps are over!

CLICK TO SEE POINTS:

Well, we're almost to the end. This season is only running 5 weeks, so that means the next week is the last one. And for the first time in a long time, I'm not sure who is going to win this season of NPoints!

oxymoron93 beat Icy-Sole by 7 points this week, giving himself a nice lead, but will it be enough? Icy is certainly a good player, and it would not surprise me if he could take this back!

The battle for other placements are also close! golfkid has overtaken grydx2 for 3rd place, but grydx2 only needs 10 points on golf to take that back!

Jirka and dlaggn are even closer in the battle for 5th! Jirka just needs 9 points to get that coveted top 5!

flipmasta and deep97 are only 3 points apart in the fight for 7th!

w95559w is likely going to need to play a few maps this last week to keep his place in the top 10!

pzylL looks comfortable in 9th, but another good week from newcomer SimonPL could easily displace him!

The next week of NPoints is likely to be the most exciting one yet!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPoints Season 7 - oxymoron93 won because he's awesome Empty Week 5 maps are up!

Post by BtoasterBoy Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:29 am

Week 5 maps are up!

This week we have maps from Arsenic, Flipmasta, w95559w, shopvac, and myself.

The contest is almost over everybody, so do your best!
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BtoasterBoy Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 am

Oh yeah, the contest ended, oxymoron won because he's amazing.

I don't know that I'll bother writing forum posts for future seasons. If anybody other than thunder actually still uses the forums, let me know, because this last season I was really just writing these posts for myself.
BtoasterBoy
BtoasterBoy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum