Cheating discussion

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 pm

EddyMataGallos wrote:Wait wait, "last update"? Are you telling me a new version has been released, because I don't see anything on the blog and the website doesn't include the last update's date.

Only the browser version has been updated as of yet. The only difference that I've noticed is that your score shows up everytime you finish a run.


Last edited by Johan1996 on Tue May 27, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Johan1996 wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:Wait wait, "last update"? Are you telling me a new version has been released, because I don't see anything on the blog and the website doesn't include the last update's date.

Only the browser version has been updated as of yet. The only differnece that I've noticed is that score shows up everytime you finish a run.
Oh I see, well that was one of the main problems I had with the old version so I'm really digging that feature. You know, when it comes to highscoring, not knowing the score you are doing really hinders the process, as you have no clue if you are doing good or not compared to the 0th or to your previous runs (this doesn't tend to happen on userlevels though since the boards are more accesible/easy, but it does on Metanet 0ths).

Now an antihack security system would rock :P
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 pm

EddyMataGallos wrote:
Johan1996 wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:Wait wait, "last update"? Are you telling me a new version has been released, because I don't see anything on the blog and the website doesn't include the last update's date.

Only the browser version has been updated as of yet. The only differnece that I've noticed is that score shows up everytime you finish a run.
Oh I see, well that was one of the main problems I had with the old version so I'm really digging that feature. You know, when it comes to highscoring, not knowing the score you are doing really hinders the process, as you have no clue if you are doing good or not compared to the 0th or to your previous runs (this doesn't tend to happen on userlevels though since the boards are more accesible/easy, but it does on Metanet 0ths).

Now an antihack security system would rock :P


It is useful yeah, but my browser version of v2.0 lags too much for competitve play I think..
And I do find it a bit confusing as it is now, in my opinion it would be better if it just showed the score instead of the whole sum.

I think M&R should take NReality as an example for the cheating/hacking issues of v2.0
Having a similar system to prevent cheating as NReality would be perfect :D
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by james_s on Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 pm

To let you know, I've used cheat to take all the metanet 0ths away from Roid the cheater so he's only second now
avatar
james_s
Admin

Messages : 133
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 30
Location : london

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Tue May 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Johan1996 wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:
Johan1996 wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:Wait wait, "last update"? Are you telling me a new version has been released, because I don't see anything on the blog and the website doesn't include the last update's date.

Only the browser version has been updated as of yet. The only differnece that I've noticed is that score shows up everytime you finish a run.
Oh I see, well that was one of the main problems I had with the old version so I'm really digging that feature. You know, when it comes to highscoring, not knowing the score you are doing really hinders the process, as you have no clue if you are doing good or not compared to the 0th or to your previous runs (this doesn't tend to happen on userlevels though since the boards are more accesible/easy, but it does on Metanet 0ths).

Now an antihack security system would rock :P


It is useful yeah, but my browser version of v2.0 lags too much for competitve play I think..
And I do find it a bit confusing as it is now, in my opinion it would be better if it just showed the score instead of the whole sum.

I think M&R should take NReality as an example for the cheating/hacking issues of v2.0
Having a similar system to prevent cheating as NReality would be perfect :D
Yeah I agree on that, but the problem is that they, for some reason, can't do it (or either are too lazy to do it). We already told them about NReality, and even Unreality (the creator of NReality) discussed with Raigan extensively regarding NReality's security, even sending them the source code of NReality with the security methods highlighted. For some reason, they couldn't (didn't) implement them, so I guess its never going to happen :/

By the way, going back to the topic, look at Metanet's 00-0. Remember clewis? I'm not sure if you have already mentioned this, but he has a hacked score there, and this time the run does have a demo which finishes, and the score is impossible.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by james_s on Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 pm

at least no one touched the sacred 'arc' map  0-4. Man if only I could make anreality version myself :( I would include all that sht
avatar
james_s
Admin

Messages : 133
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 30
Location : london

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 pm

James, did you say you used cheats t knock off raid fron the highscore list?
Thats not good, because first of all a good player has been knocked off the list by raid, and you knocked another one off.
I know your intention is good, but you did something bad too.
If this is not the case and you didnt knock somebody off or you didnt cheat at all and i misunderstood you, please ignore this message.
Greetz from klok ;)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 am

Yeah legend he was just kidding, that would have been disastrous haha.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Check out www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=78988

I can't even see my own run! Damn there are lots of runs being currupted lately. I wonder if it has to do something with certain levels, because as far as I can recall there's not a single one like this on the Metanet core levels.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:43 pm

I watched that too I couldn't see it either

_________________
Maker of most nv2 maps 11000+
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 629
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:04 pm

EddyMataGallos wrote:I wonder if it has to do something with certain levels, because as far as I can recall there's not a single one like this on the Metanet core levels.

Replays on Metanet levels are quite old, so maybe one of updates introduced that bug.
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:11 pm

SpartaX18 wrote:
EddyMataGallos wrote:I wonder if it has to do something with certain levels, because as far as I can recall there's not a single one like this on the Metanet core levels.

Replays on Metanet levels are quite old, so maybe one of updates introduced that bug.
I keep taking 0ths from time to time and it's not happening, but yeah it might be a thing regarding the latest update. I guess we should notify M&R about this.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Your run on "Map 2 - Week 5" of the NPoint contest has also been corrupted, Eddy
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Johan1996 wrote:Your run on "Map 2 - Week 5" of the NPoint contest has also been corrupted, Eddy
Yeah I realized that as well :S Probably because I did it with the online version, which is the only one that has been updated. I like the time feature but if the runs are going to become corrupted I might just stop using that version.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Uhh, another one on 00-0 (Tremister [btw. clewis202 made bunch of maps for him o_O]). And I noticed Kosterr is cheating too, but sporadic.

_________________
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 pm

for people that don't know trello is clewis202 new account

_________________
Maker of most nv2 maps 11000+
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 629
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by thejumper£#! on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Can someone explain me 0th of Cerberus?
dont' follow your instinct - www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=56580
avatar
thejumper£#!
Admin

Messages : 48
Joined : 2014-05-19
Age : 75
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Threat on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:05 pm

thejumper£#! wrote:Can someone explain me 0th of Cerberus?
dont' follow your instinct - www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=56580

what does that mean:" 0th of Cerberus"??

ive seen and heard this alot but i dont get it...  :hum: 
avatar
Threat
Admin

Messages : 187
Joined : 2014-05-15
Age : 17
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 pm

a 0th means you have the best score on a level (score is usually called frames)
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 629
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by thejumper£#! on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 am

(probabily you know, but a usless n00b called roid has hacked score on metanet levels)

 :shame: 
avatar
thejumper£#!
Admin

Messages : 48
Joined : 2014-05-19
Age : 75
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 am

yeah knew that, tremister has also on 00-0

_________________
Maker of most nv2 maps 11000+
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 629
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by shomman on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Found THUNDER's replay where he dies yet gets the highest score. Is this the same as other glitches?
I would doubt that he cheated.

www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=83561
2619 (by THUNDER)


_________________


Two time Npoints Winner - Npoints Season 2 Npoints Season 3

shomman
Admin

Messages : 192
Joined : 2014-06-01
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:34 pm

We talked about this already, there are two reasons why he dies:
1.His demo is corrupted.
Demos sometimes get corrupted whilst playing the web version of N.
Corrupted demos dont play properly and most of the time the player dies in that demo.
2.THUNDER used cheats, which is very unlikely, since THUNDER is a fair player and i never saw him cheat.
Anyways, when you go trough some userlevels you will find alot corrupted ones.
This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:49 pm

I play the online version of n, and yes I saw my score was top and when I tried to watch my replay I just run into rockets which is strange, thinks a bug

_________________
Maker of most nv2 maps 11000+
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 629
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 am

trello, i'd say that dude is speedhacking

www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=86679
www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=86673
www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=86652
www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=86600

The first one is specially interesting, its much faster than average check it out.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum