N-Game v2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Dying Breed
Metanet Forums EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:24 pm by Ephemeral

» N v2.0 is a good game, yes or no
Metanet Forums EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 am by V3L0C1T4

» N v2.0 is fun. Do you agree?
Metanet Forums EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 am by V3L0C1T4

» Corona Virus - Share your tips & discuss
Metanet Forums EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 am by james_s

» Good Wishes From The AiR
Metanet Forums EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm by james_s

» Custom Color!!!!
Metanet Forums EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 am by JaeyDoesYT

» The 14th flavour?
Metanet Forums EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Suggestions for Nv2.0
Metanet Forums EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Level data, fully explained.
Metanet Forums EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm by vrugtehagel

Metanet Forums

+4
Oleary15
Ephemeral
Threat
Nahoj
8 posters

Go down

Metanet Forums Empty Metanet Forums

Post by Nahoj Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Okay, so I noticed that alot of you veteran N players (who prefer the official Metanet forums). Are trying to get everyone on this forum to move to that one. I feel like some of you think it's Sam and my fault that the communities split. I would like to make clear to you that that is absolutely not the case and would like to help out.

My idea is to lock every single thread on this forum and put a big "We moved, click here" sign in the header, so that everyone who does use this forum will go to forum.droni.es instead.
Which basically means this forum will be shut down.

What do you guys think?
Nahoj
Nahoj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metanet Forums Empty Re: Metanet Forums

Post by Threat Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Hmm Sounds forceful even when Sam said he will monitor both forums...
Threat
Threat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Threat wrote:Hmm Sounds forceful even when Sam said he will monitor both forums...

Eventually we need just 1 forum, 2 forums for one subject is totally unnecessary
Nahoj
Nahoj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Heh, i'll be missing the forums, but you are right, why not connect both? That's a great idea imo.

And speaking of the community split...
I may sound like a weirdo, and btw. i don't want to offend anyone or something, but in my opinion, the split was mainly caused by...metanet. They decided to hmm..., seperate 1.4 and 2.0. Nv2.0 is now very easy to get etc., people go for it, because it's the newest version, so it seems to be the best.
Lots of 1.4 people i saw saying that 2.0 is nothing interesting at all - of course, it was quite a big step, but they decided to stay in 1.4 and eventually sometimes "visit" 2.0.
I feel like 2.0 and 1.4 are two different rosters. And - what may sound odd - 1.4 is higher than 2.0. For me 1.4 will always mean a place where all the experienced and wise people "live" and 2.0 - something like kindergarten. Well equipped, but you meet *the new guys* at every step. OK, i must end here, because i forgot what i should say next :p
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleary15 Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:56 pm

SpartaX18 wrote:And speaking of the community split...
I may sound like a weirdo, and btw. i don't want to offend anyone or something, but in my opinion, the split was mainly caused by...metanet. They decided to hmm..., seperate 1.4 and 2.0.

Well, this is kind of silly. Firstly, Metanet did not create the Nv2 forums or the Nv2 chat. The Nv2 community itself did. Metanet didn't think, "oh, you know what? Nv2 and N1.4 are both Metanet-created games, but, fuck it, let's divide the communities." The who division and split was the Nv2 community itself. Metanet did not try to separate* the two communities at all.

Nahoj wrote:My idea is to lock every single thread on this forum and put a big "We moved, click here" sign in the header, so that everyone who does use this forum will go to forum.droni.es instead.
Which basically means this forum will be shut down.

What do you guys think?

I like this idea. I think I mentioned the exact same thing to THUNDER or maybe shomman, but they said that couldn't happen. I'm sick of the two forums anyway, and I prefer forum.droni.es over this one.
Oleary15
Oleary15
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 am

you may pefer the other forum but some people prefer this one , im not saying this as my opinion but
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:32 am

The moderators did a really job here (well the usual -they were active and did stuff). I really like the 'Top posters this week' idea. Btw I think the 'Would u buy n++?' thing should not be on metanetforums cause it might 'disappoint' Mare and Raigan if they see it. The trouble with making something or being a part of it is that you can get attached and or hurt if it doesn't work well. You guys incl Btonios did well, but I guess I'm up for this being scrapped..
    I'm sure we can put a big fat link to all the n chats on the old forums like on here.
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Threat Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 am

Now that you mention it, checking up on two forums at the same time, switching tabs, etc. seems kinda pointless and makes things more complicated... So come to think of it, it really is pointless to have two forums on the same general game...
Threat
Threat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Threat Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:43 am

That's just me ( since I regularly check up )
Threat
Threat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cooperverdon Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 am

keep both, no loss
cooperverdon
cooperverdon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 am

Oleary15 wrote:
SpartaX18 wrote:And speaking of the community split...
I may sound like a weirdo, and btw. i don't want to offend anyone or something, but in my opinion, the split was mainly caused by...metanet. They decided to hmm..., seperate 1.4 and 2.0.

Well, this is kind of silly. Firstly, Metanet did not create the Nv2 forums or the Nv2 chat. The Nv2 community itself did. Metanet didn't think, "oh, you know what? Nv2 and N1.4 are both Metanet-created games, but, fuck it, let's divide the communities." The who division and split was the Nv2 community itself. Metanet did not try to separate* the two communities at all.

I was talking about them seperating games, not communities.

Edit: OK, i tangled everything. I meant that making v1.4 and v2.0 seperate games made v2.0 "grow" its own community. I guess no one understands that anyways...

Last edited by SpartaX18 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleary15 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Threat wrote:Now that you mention it, checking up on two forums at the same time, switching tabs, etc. seems kinda pointless and makes things more complicated... So come to think of it, it really is pointless to have two forums on the same general game...

Well said, Threat.
Oleary15
Oleary15
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:07 pm

talking with oleary is like talking to a brick wall as neither listen
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cooperverdon Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:43 am

This is stupid. Johan, you are barely a presence in the community now and you want to close down the whole forum? Thats retarded, if any1 is to call the shots and speak on behalf of the players, then it should be thunder. Dont delete this forum, just keep it, I like it, the other 1 is foreign, and intimidating. Plus I come here to get to the chat.
cooperverdon
cooperverdon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:05 am

This sounds like a good idea to me. THUNDER should not call the shots. Johan is not calling the shots necessarily, which is why he is asking for opinions on his idea.
You could leave a link to the chat and a link to the Metanet Forums and lock everything else. That would solve coop's minute problem of visiting the forums to click on the chat button

Back to top Go down

Metanet Forums Empty TotW?

Post by TORNADO Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:34 am

Ok, so I like this whole moving idea, but it will be harder for the series i will be running hopefully more, but do you have an idea as what i would do with the series as a whole? I am so like mixed feeling at this xD I dont know what to say but it may hopefully pay off.

I may add another season after this week.

TORNADO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 am

Look guys, nothing will be deleted. Any thread that is still active can be copied to the other forum and the non-active ones are still readable here.

And Cooper, I check this forum everyday so I know what's going on. And I made this thread because the only people who are able to make such a change on here are Sam and I.
Nahoj
Nahoj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Cooper: ''I like it, the other 1 is foreign, and intimidating.'' -dude listen to yourself
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleary15 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 pm

james_s wrote:Cooper: ''I like it, the other 1 is foreign, and intimidating.'' -dude listen to yourself

He's giving his opinion - so what?
Oleary15
Oleary15
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down