Cheating discussion

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sat May 17, 2014 12:43 am

I figured we should have a topic devoted to discussing about cheaters, that way, when we find cheaters or we find something suspicious, we can post it here, and everybody will be more up to date regarding cheaters.

Please, the purpose of this is to be aware of the current cheaters, NOT to post info about how people have cheated it.

We already know about that "roid" dude that has been hacking scores.

What do you guys think about clewis202 run in here:
www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=74276

You can clearly see that his run, even though the score seems legit, is way slower than the people below. In fact, you can easily calculate this by seeing his numerical score in the demo, which is 87.5666666, and then multiply by 60. You obtain 5254 frames, not 5267. He probably submitted a fake score there.

This method is not 100% accurate, because the numerical timer in N doesn't always stop when it should, but it will give a rough approximation of the true score. I'm sure the timer isn't wrong by 13 frames, as his run is clearly slower.

Will you help me make a list?


Last edited by EddyMataGallos on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 am

We, in the chat had noticed that score of clewis202 too. In fact, there was a whole discussion about it..
Clewis himself was there too and told us that he had not done that himself, instead a "hacker" hacked into his account and did that run for him.

We are still unsure whether this is true or not, but we all know that it is very unlikely ofcourse.

PS; Why don't you join the chat sometime Eddy? :)


Last edited by Johan1996 on Sat May 17, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 21
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sat May 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh I'm glad you guys had already noticed. Well I don't join the chat because I don't really have much time now, I might in the future though.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Sat May 17, 2014 11:19 pm

EddyMataGallos wrote:Oh I'm glad you guys had already noticed. Well I don't join the chat because I don't really have much time now, I might in the future though.

Okay, no problem :)


Here, look at pzyIL's demo of this map:
http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=74933
Title: SpeedMap 15 94-0

I think the ending is a bit strange.. or is it me?
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 21
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Guest on Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 am

I also found a cheater.
I just published a level called "Mean trick" and Skitters got the highscore of 5048 but he ran out of time and still got the highscore.
Now, that's what i call a mean trick  :DD

P.S. I still beat him tho  :) 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Sun May 18, 2014 9:31 am

It's probably because of corrupted replay - shows You fake run, but score is still true.

_________________
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Guest on Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

i know, Johan explained it in the chat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sun May 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Johan1996 wrote:Here, look at pzyIL's  demo of this map:
http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=74933
Title: SpeedMap 15   94-0

I think the ending is a bit strange.. or is it me?
It is indeed strange, we can't conclude anything though.
SpartaX18 wrote:It's probably because of corrupted replay - shows You fake run, but score is still true.
Not necessarily, that is pretty common among hackers (which, by the way, is not the same as cheaters). Since they can submit any score, they don't really care about the demo (replay), sometimes it doesn't even exist, or they get killed, it just doesn't matter.

If you guys had been in v1.4, you would be used to this. So, from my experience, I'd say that is a hacked run. The fact that the score seems legit doesn't mean anything.

http://n.wikia.com/wiki/Cheating

Of course, I could be wrong, it could be a corrupted demo. But I doubt it.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Sun May 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Uhm..., one question... Why would He hack if He got so low score and fell of a leaderboard? :P Ok, maybe He just hacked to test it or something, but I don't really believe in this option.

P.s.: I see that in Yours and legendklokpok's replay too, but I trust 100% that You both don't hack, so I'm 99,9% sure it's just corrupted replay.

_________________
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sun May 18, 2014 7:47 pm

SpartaX18 wrote:Uhm..., one question... Why would He hack if He got so low score and fell of a leaderboard? :P Ok, maybe He just hacked to test it or something, but I don't really believe in this option.

P.s.: I see that in Yours and legendklokpok's replay too, but I trust 100% that You both don't hack, so I'm 99,9% sure it's just corrupted replay.
Oh wait, you see my replay corrupted? I can see it properly. Damn this is weird, I guess the replays might be going corrupt then, that changes everything. Now that you say it, I see legend's run corrupted as well, but I can see mine properly.

In v1.4 this doesn't happen, that's why I highly doubted it.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Sun May 18, 2014 7:53 pm

my replays
the replay when I watch it goes weird , usually when I watch I get a score, although I just run straight into a mine or a thwump, is this what you mean by a corrupted replay?]


Zorn cheats


Last edited by THUNDER on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 637
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 25
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

@THUNDER, yeah, exactly.

As we can see, it can cause considerable problems, it's important to fix it I think...I saw it really bunch of times even in most fair players, so I was sure it must be an error.

P.s.: I played 1.4 loong time ago, mostly on singleplayer and now I just can't play, because it lags much and I don't know why (2.0 is running smoothly...).

_________________
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Sun May 18, 2014 9:01 pm

SpartaX18 wrote:@THUNDER, yeah, exactly.

As we can see, it can cause considerable problems, it's important to fix it I think...I saw it really bunch of times even in most fair players, so I was sure it must be an error.

P.s.: I played 1.4 loong time ago, mostly on singleplayer and now I just can't play, because it lags much and I don't know why (2.0 is running smoothly...).
That is because of two reasons: Firstly, v2.0 framerate is higher and just feels smoother overall. Secondly, v1.4 was made for WinXP, and any newer version (Vista/7/8) just lags a lot, but it can be fixed! To reduce the lag considerably, you can do this:

http://i.imgur.com/E5CLRZb.png
I used that when I switched to Win7, and it fixes most of the lag. Its still not as smooth as in Windows XP, but almost, it definitely makes N playable again.

The pic is by Raif btw.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 pm

I fell like I've got computer from 90's :D Yeah, reduced most of lag, now it's playable, thanks!

_________________
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by morodumbo2 on Mon May 19, 2014 3:22 am

I feel that it doesn't make too much of a difference on most levels, as a high score on an unrated or low rated level will go unseen eventually.
But if a level is under the Popular tab, i think there should be a temporary ban issued to players who obviously submitted a fake score.
It isn't like there are rewards for doing good on levels, so i don't see a HUGE issue here, just an issue of the integrity of the leader-boards on each level, if there was an overall leader-board, it would be much different.
avatar
morodumbo2
Admin

Messages : 39
Joined : 2014-04-06
Location : Classified

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Mon May 19, 2014 1:49 pm

That only applies to userlevels morodumbo. What about the 600 core levels? Don't you think those are more important? They will be up for years, and they will be the ones that get more highscored, just like in v1.4. Cheating in those and filling a spot out of a total of 10 is horrible.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Sun May 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Here, same thing on this map (pzyIL's demo): www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html?l=76863
Title: Zooom

Sure, we can't conclude anything but it's still an odd run


Btw, he may have updated his score but right now it's 5914
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 21
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by james_s on Sun May 25, 2014 6:13 pm

oh its 5917 now. I was thinking Pzyl is yougotpwnd's messing about account (not an accusation -just random thinking -not serious thing)
avatar
james_s
Admin

Messages : 133
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 30
Location : london

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Nahoj on Sun May 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Ah okay, well he did the exact same twisting thing when falling down. Except a bit longer than on the other map.

And yeah, you could be right about that, haven't seen yougotpwnd in a long time either
avatar
Nahoj
Admin

Messages : 156
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 21
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by james_s on Sun May 25, 2014 6:19 pm

hm everyone can twist by pressing left and right very rapidly
avatar
james_s
Admin

Messages : 133
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 30
Location : london

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by SpartaX18 on Sun May 25, 2014 9:08 pm

james_s wrote:I was thinking Pzyl is yougotpwnd's messing about account  (not an accusation -just random thinking -not serious thing)

I thought ygP is pzylL too, but in "Box place 3+4" they're both on leaderboard, so probably not.
avatar
SpartaX18
Admin

Messages : 617
Joined : 2014-04-24
Age : 17
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by w95559w on Mon May 26, 2014 5:32 am

ok guys, here's a really interesting fact that I think most of us don't know about it.

If you try to play on a EXTREMELY SUPER LAGGY map (ex. Venom) Look closely at the time. The timer have a really weird reduction time at the hundredth place, going from 3-6-9-3-6-9-3-6-9 before the tenth digit reduce by one.

This can be a possible explanation for weird timing.

w95559w
Admin

Messages : 56
Joined : 2014-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by cashmoney1875 on Tue May 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Zoltrix cheated on Tiger by spyro. On the leaderboard his score is 4843, but when you watch the replay it says his score is 4745.
avatar
cashmoney1875
Admin

Messages : 8
Joined : 2014-04-22
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by TBOLT on Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

im not defending him , but the scores have generally messed up before the last update, which I believe was yesterday. so maybe that's why

_________________
Maker of most nv2 maps 14000+
avatar
TBOLT
Admin

Messages : 637
Joined : 2014-04-05
Age : 25
Location : Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by EddyMataGallos on Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Wait wait, "last update"? Are you telling me a new version has been released, because I don't see anything on the blog and the website doesn't include the last update's date.
avatar
EddyMataGallos
Admin

Messages : 85
Joined : 2014-04-22
Age : 22
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheating discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum