N-Game v2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Dying Breed
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:24 pm by Ephemeral

» N v2.0 is a good game, yes or no
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:34 am by V3L0C1T4

» N v2.0 is fun. Do you agree?
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:45 am by V3L0C1T4

» Corona Virus - Share your tips & discuss
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 am by james_s

» Good Wishes From The AiR
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm by james_s

» Custom Color!!!!
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 am by JaeyDoesYT

» The 14th flavour?
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Suggestions for Nv2.0
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm by JaeyDoesYT

» Level data, fully explained.
Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm by vrugtehagel

Suggestions for Nv2.0

+33
Maverick6130
AiR
testqatest
HaViX
Nimit
Spackal
starship192
POSER
maxngame
NyanCat_Polska
TORNADO
SuperHeroHype
garamond
EddyMataGallos
Oleary15
CYANIDE
sabk
aabbcaabbc
Escapee
thejumper£#!
GrzegorzPl
Threat
blacklef
Gabe the squirrel
cooperverdon
Ephemeral
Zoltrix
TBOLT
w95559w
james_s
morodumbo2
btonios
Nahoj
37 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 Empty Re: Suggestions for Nv2.0

Post by starship192 Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm

In response to the point SpartaX18 raised, a potential solution might be to stop counting a player's attempts after that player has already beaten the level. For example, let's say after the 6th attempt I beat a level. My 7th, 8th, and all subsequent attempts wouldn't be factored into the difficulty calculation.

Another possibility might be to not count voluntary deaths (i.e. when the player voluntarily kills the ninja).
starship192
starship192
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spackal Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

In regards to having a percentage vs number of deaths... Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 Giphy

Spackal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by starship192 Wed May 04, 2016 12:04 am

That would work too. I guess each level could include a whole list of stats like deaths, how many people have attempted the level, how most of the players in the level die (i.e. from laser drone, gauss turret, or from hard falls), etc.
starship192
starship192
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimit Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 am

It is interesting to think that if atleast some, if not all of these suggestions were considered, thought upon and implemented by metanet, then N would have been a lot better and a lot more popular game by this time.
Nimit
Nimit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Wed May 04, 2016 2:58 pm

I don't know if the game would be a lot more popular, but yes, it would be really nice to see them somehow cooperate with us.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HaViX Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:55 pm

I briefly looked at suggestions, and I apologize if these have been suggested prior to my post. A couple of interesting features that I could think of are below:
-Time Shifting (The ability to play levels in slo-mo, highspeed, or an option to change them in-game.) [ie a button]
-Gravity Modifier (The ability to play levels in high-low gravity, or an option to change them in-game.) [ie a button]
-Canvas Rotation (Whole level rotation but in-game, as if the world for the ninja is rolling. Or it makes 90* turns based on button activation, ect.)
-Frozen Enemies (A button that would freeze enemies for a set amount of seconds-frames, editable in the editor.)

HaViX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by testqatest Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:22 am

Nahoj wrote:What would you like to see changed in a possible future update of Nv2.0?

I'll keep a list of the best ideas here:

- Being able to chat with other players in-game.
- Longer leaderboards on userlevels
- Bug fix for not being able to test levels on the downloaded version of Nv2.0
- Being able to see how many players are online.
- Being able to play co-op games online. (This will encourage map-makers, like me, to create alot more co-op maps)
- Whenever you finish a map your score should be displayed on-screen.
- When watching a demo of someone else you should see the flavor/color of their ninja, not your own.
- When completing all the campaign maps you should get the hex editor, this will allow you to change your ninja to any flavor/color you want. (If this idea gets combined with the one above, more people will play the campaign maps)
- Being able to comment on user-created maps.
- There should be a play count on user-created maps.
- A map needs atleast one of each of the following objects to be allowed to be published: Ninja, key and door.
- An option to turn on a ghost-like ninja that represents a selected demo (just like the circle in Nreality).
- When finishing arcade mode you should get a reward, a rainbow Ninja for example.
- Ability to unpublish your maps
- The game should either have a "refresh" button or automatically refresh the "newest" page of the userlevels
- New gamemode; Survival mode: Auto finish upon surviving X seconds (time can be set by the map creator).

When this list is decent enough I'll mail it to Mare and Raigan (the creators of N)

Feel free to post your ideas and suggestions below :)

testqatest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by starship192 Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Building on Nahoj's idea about "survival mode", it would be interesting to have maps where the player tries to get as much gold as possible within a limited amount of time ("X seconds").

As for the online co-op idea, I think there should also be a way for players to compete against each other in a level (sort of like what was done in Metanet's N++ PAX Prime Tournament in 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXdETgJODdw
)
starship192
starship192
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AiR Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:34 pm

I still think Teleports and checkpoints would make the N game even more awesome!!!!!!!! Someone concur with me????? :DD
AiR
AiR
Admin

http://martinsonaaron.wixsite.com/airupdar

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 Empty AGREED!

Post by Maverick6130 Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 am

w95559w wrote:I got an idea

Survival mode: Auto finish upon surviving X seconds

YES! That always bugged me. Maybe have "negative" gold to make your time drop...

New idea: Negative Gold Coins... maybe Red Gold (see David Eddings)
Maverick6130
Maverick6130
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Nv2.0 - Page 5 Empty Negative Gold

Post by Maverick6130 Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:29 am

First time posting other than that last "reply"

Has anyone brought up the idea of negative or "bad" gold in a different color? Something like a mine but it just eats your score. It just seems like a good idea for so many reasons... people playing for high scores, increased challenge overall, a unique new element that is bad but doesn't instantly kill you.

It just seems like something that would add a whole new level of creativity and variety to user levels.

Note: I've had a forum account for less than an hour. If someone else has thought of this or if its a common topic and I just don't know then... oops.
Maverick6130
Maverick6130
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thejumper£#! Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:33 pm

- Infinite list of favourite maps
- Better search in maps database
- List of better mappers
- List of better players
- The ability to filter your personal 0th, and other level played...
- The ability to BAN stupid/impossible levels, the bad thing in multiplayer section.
- A selection of the best levels for the selected type to the moderators or the community.
thejumper£#!
thejumper£#!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 am

just hit me that the floorguard doesn't need to be a zapper, as it must have some sort of wheels it might as well have like a circular saw (or something else mechanical) instead
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 am

or ok if the floorguard is to be a zapper, it could be that the drones have pressure sensors but the floorguards don't really need those (it would be mostly a waste) because the electric could be switched on as they see the ninja and start moving.
So then it could be possible for the ninja to land directly on top of them without getting zapped as that would be avoiding their visual sensors
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thekidzach Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:08 pm

there's some really, really good ideas on here.

what are the chances of any of them happening?

thekidzach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:25 pm

low
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

My bad, I misuderstood electricity -just to have current going round doesn't take a lot of power so the electric could be permanently switch on on the enemies. Power is drawn (more) when the current is lost to something.

I'm compiling all the main suggestions currently
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Compiled suggestions for what is already an awesome game
N
(ignoring what is already in N++ but not in older versions of n)

Pls feel free to critique and propose stuff.
(where I wrote: add on> I mean I added to/was inspired by their ideas)

Bonus Challenges tab where maps(incl user made) are locked until the player unlocks the bonus features used(made allowable) in them. Mappers can not make maps with those bonus feature unless they too have unlocked them. Some suggestions below to only be allowed in this tab so as not to distract from the main N game style and gameplay.

Guest: It would be cool to have a map summary see pic
add on> Ability to make movies of runs within the game and save to your own computer as normal videos. Be able to post a 5sec video advertising your map that users can click to view (from userlevels list).

Spartax18: Bounceblocks could be rotated at n game angles -to enrich gameplay and looks.

Escapee: Userlevel mappers have to beat their own maps.
add on> This can be possible in editor, then mappers can do it in a special slow time mode if they're not pros.

Sendy: Userlevel episodes
add on> Userlevels with max four doors per map and max four 'episodes' so each exit would take you to one of the other maps in the episode. This can also be used for a ''Checkpoints'' gameplay -because you can have episodes of the same map but with the ninja starting at different places i.e where it previosuly exited. -The video map adverts idea would help here.

One way panels to be made breakable and the mapper would have an option to stack them on top of each other which will change their shade so the player will know if they're too strong to break. It could be that a single panel can break if the ninja impacts it with extra momentum to running and bullets and rockets would peirce through it. But maybe with one or more panels a bullet or rocket pierce wouldn't mean it is wrecked enough for the ninja to break through it. Panels would have a set strength and enemies a set damage -so stacked panels could stop the first rocket etc.

Regarding ''drone tracks'' with the one way panel idea mappers would be able to affect drone paths in a more aesthetic way (than by using sliding gates which is not really their purpose), and if some panels got broken during play, drones could move to other areas and end up on other paths :)

Why not try to bring back tile squeezes? -but unlike in N1.4 if the ninja impacts too fast/ squeezed too much it would die so it won't look like a bug.

A kind of orb/balloon (about the size of four tiles) which would fall quite slowly and the ninja can push it around and do small jumps from it. Jump pads would work on it (altho the ninja would be able to squeeze it upwards also etc) and guns and mines would pop it. Items could be placed inside it! (but maybe enemies would change it's weight). (inspired by TagPro game mentioned on forums lol).

An option which lets mappers place special background tiles in order to draw a nice background. These tiles would have the same rules+shapes as normal tiles but be a very pale colour and would have no effect on the ninja - purely visual. I think this has potential to create beautiful maps.

Draxobox: Floorguards to work on slopes
add on> Make floorguards be able to move over all flat surfaces including panels, blockgates and suggested gates that don't open for enemies (only for the ninja) and maybe walls (as they can break immediately it suggests specia traction) but won't move if there are gaps and changes in gradient. If a gate gets opened right underneath them they would fall through and carry on working (wouldn't be able to land on to a wall as they won't rotate in the air when falling. So the only thing they cant get over is angles and gaps which makes sense.

Metanet inspired (from n++) mini (1/4th of a tile) drones that the ninja can jump on (like metal balls) they could crush the ninja if walls of them come together and they can carry gold and mines stuck to them (like a transport system -they could be the only thing that can come out of the map via special openings and follow a drawn path (which would be slightly visible to the ninja)). Then you can make moving walls and platforms :) the fact that the ninja wont run smoothly over them (balls in a line) I think is even better and it'd be a challenge for pro players to precisely jump on them like we jump on the tops of 'sliding gates' in Nv2 plus u could make it that the ninja can just lean into the gap between two of them when they're going vertically to avoid falling down.

Maybe in Editor instead of placing tiles maybe you can have a cursor like a line drawer in windows Paint (except it snaps to acceptable angles).

Spy drone which when they spot the ninja (with 360 visual) they relay information on where the ninja is to the enemies (except zap drones that could pass as too basic for it). (It's possible as the signal could be something like the ninja is 4 left 7 tiles down from me, and they could sense the direction of the signal and how wide it has disperesed showing how far it travelled through tiles or space and can work it out) Either the mapper can choose which enemies will have a link to it or it can have a set medium size circle range of transmission.

As for the 'basic' zap drones, maybe when the seekers spot the ninja race in its direction until they meet a wall instead of turning normally (which can end up seeming that they've completely left the space the ninja was in) they would always do a 180 to return to the place where they saw the ninja, after which they would continue as normal (or be made to do a turn).

Palemoon: Rocket constantly firing with a delay between shots
add on> (Could be an unlockable see below) Rocket drone with limited ammo (unlike rocket turrets -by turrets I mean n turrets fixed to the background and are fed ammo from elsewhere) of about 20 larger rockets which unlike rocket turrets which can only guide one rocket at a time, will have their own visual tracking so won't need help from the suggested Spy drone. They can be less manuverable than rockets from the turrets.

''Security lasers'' which can be set to move, if the beam is broken an alarm sounds and could trigger pressing of (hidden) switches set by the mapper, so they will open gates (releasing enemies) or activate block gates. They could be allowed to move more freely than those beams in n++

Draxobox: Grenade launcher
inspired> I think it would be good to have a Mines launcher which would roll and bounce of walls. It could shoot them not very fast so they eventually dip and fall. -Could be helped by Spy unit suggestion so the mine launcher could shot at the ninja over walls.

Someone said: ''Ghost'' An option to turn on a ghost-like ninja that represents a selected demo (just like the circle in Nreality).

Golfkid: Death speed slightly to high (can die from wall jumping in a 2tile wide tunnel)
add on> Assuming ninja might have a springy head, death speed going upwards (can also happen with aid of jump pads not just wall jumps) could be lowered.

Garaman: Rewards like bandanas for completing challenges
add on> ''Skins'' -option to have a male or female ninja skins and ones like Orchid from the game Killer instinct 1 (if no copyright), sumo ninja etc.

Revenge button, activating a state in which you can no longer win the game(dead) but you glow in a cool light and you can disintegrate enemies by contact with them and maybe also tiles (slowly with increased hovering ability) allowing you to go where you want.

Version of ''survival mode'', both exit and exit button on a displayed timers set by the mapper.

Guest: Different types of ninjas
add on> Fat slow ninja that can move bounceblocks and suggested 'balloons' + break through one way panels more easily and further and small thin ninja with the opposite effects. -Good for multi player.

superherohype: Cooler looking enemies
add on> Upgradable drones with cooler abilities like higher speed for some enemies, more spray for chain guns, more powerful jump pads (to compensate for removal of glitch boosters), more frequent fire, more powerful electric so that sparks can fly out to the ninja if it gets too close (and small sparks to nearby walls may look cool), floorguards with saws instead of zap.

Special resurrection diamonds or something(!) -which resurrect the ninja when its body comes in contact with them (+can work like the liquid Terminator if the ninja is in bits heh) so you can continue playing.

A kind of wormhole/ teleporter. A little elaborate glowing thing would appear and if the ninja goes into it, it slowly teleports the ninja (or an enemy) to another place on the map which I think would be cool especially on maps with lots of different enemies around. Their position would change every few seconds with some overlapping (e.g. two or three open at the same time). The mapper can decide where it would appear after each time interval and where it would take the ninja (+it would be on a cycle so if the mapper chooses 10 different locations -the 11th time the ninja uses it, it would appear in the 1st position). Option of random porthole positions too.

Realism-
Changes to seeker zap drones making them seem less stupid/tech a lot worse than the other enemies -but seeing them communicate with the suggested spy unit and moving on more complex paths would against this appearance. -Also n++ mini zap drones make the normal ones seem even more dated.

As suggested above, one way panels should not be able to let drones through, like with the ninja. -Doesn't mean that they're not weak enough to let drones ram through them but the drones programming assumes that they are walls.

All non-zap drones seem to use the same 360 visual tracking as a gauss, so laser drones shouldn't have the same eyes/lenses as zap drones -Or that lense could be drawn on on the enemies that use it, and draw that zap drone eye on all drones -which would infact be like a basic eye for moving around in the basic way like they do.

Seems odd that rockets are the only enemy with non-visual tracking capability. I suggest that in n world the ninja is stealthy and can only be tracked with visual tech (btw maybe the ninja can see through and what it arranges in its brain is what the player sees). Spy unit idea can help here otherwise a fired rocket would lose its target if the ninja gets out of sight of its turret -thats why only one rocket is fired at a time because the turret has to guide it.

Spartax18: Collidable with enemies
add on> Introduce physical interaction with all objects(not just thwumps) i.e can't go through them, can jump/stand on them (think cheekily using the Spy drones like moving platforms). Dodging would be possible as like in cartoons there is space to the side. Why then won't enemies bump into each other? Because they choose to dodge each other but they would have no reason to dodge the ninja).
-So then would the ninja be able to dodge a drone? I think it would have to be by a timely press of a dodge button (down) -but it can be assumed that there won't be much space to move to the sides while the enemies are not trying to dodge you (the opposite probs) so zap drones, hot laser dones would still brush against the ninja and kill. Rockets too manuvarable to dodge -but being able to dodge them could be bonus feature.

Drones to run out of ammo eventually -gauss and rocket turrets can be unlimited as they are attached to the background wall like the Exits so can have a big hidden store/pipeline/link to another place. When they run out they would stop.

When ninja reaches the exit why does it celebrate and let an approaching enemy kill it? -Could make an animation like the ninja gets absorbed into the exit and if celebrates does so on the edge and out of reach. (if the absorbtion has a time delay the ninja can be killed (incl by a fall to the exit) but then the suggested ressurection diamond can be placed so ninja is revived and then absorbed into the exit).

The ninja can wall jump too high (for its expected strength and compared to normal jump) which makes chimneying look too fake. Should be not much faster than a weasel going up a drain pipe.

''Moderators''-
Metanet moderators or as- SqUADxZO: There would also have to be a strict application process of the volunteer mods.

Users could also alert moderators to possible plagiarism (maybe even by showing map link from other n versions) and mappers could alert the moderators to recommend their own maps be deleted.

Moderators could also approve user-made maps on which players can gain rewards for their highscores. -N game Points contest on the Forums was such a success because in a way this is what it does.

Rewards/unlockables
There was some talk about this:
Rewards can also be points which can be used to unlock things.
Can be given for beating stuff, for good stats and awards decided by monitors.

Fixes-
thejumper741 and others: fav mappers feed and toggle how maps and mappers are sorted -but that's already on n++
When a map link is shared like on N2 there should be a button to see the map's highscore board. (as opposed to having to start n and search by map number to see it).
Stacked bounceblocks (which can be good for gameplay) glitched in n2 -they should just work like a tougher bouceblock.
Diagonal panels like in N2 to be possible without tweaking the map code.
Tornado I think: Same goes for being able to place gates more precisely, that snap grid.
Someone said: When watching a demo of someone else you should see the flavor/color of their ninja, not your own -so would have to be part of run data.
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Poss. harmful notable suggestions-
Complied thoughts (no credits given):
Player counts -too showing of how big/small the n community is.
Health -no change in performance when being wounded not realistic.
Bullet time -because would only really benefit maps too cluttered with enemies.
Gravity modifying -too slow annoying or too fast (even though it's cool).
Terrain change -maybe too hard for mappers +easy to ruin gameplay and the look of n.
Terrain rotation -other(non n game) angles affect speed and jumping ability +too hard to map. However terrain damage idea like in Worms can be programmed to change tiles to n game angles only.
Layering user uploaded images over tiles and the background like is possible in N-reality -It would waste too much data capacity and userlevels could be filled with images that don't fit the look of the game.
Special gates that only let through drones after which the ninja can sneak in. -I think the probelem is they're not simple enough and they highlight issues with the current sliding gates -i.e why build gates that your drones can't pass through.
Spear drones based on the bow n arrow in the game Worms (can use arrows stuck in terrain to climb).
There's lots of talk about drone paths/tracks -but they would have to be visible so the player can plan ahead better which is likely to spoil the look and being able to switch those tracks is an issue with its own problems. -But the suggested one way panels above could be a good enough alternative.
I think having a drone move diagonally wouldn't look right (next to normal drones).
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:26 pm

that's how it is so far
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james_s Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:56 am

this is supposed to be continously worked on but i can't edit my post on here (so moderators pls delete above)
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Compiled suggestions for what is already an awesome game
N

(ignoring what is already in N++ but not in older versions of n)

Pls feel free to critique and propose ideas.
(where I wrote: add on> I mean I added to/was inspired by their ideas)

Bonus Challenges tab where maps(incl user made) are locked until the player unlocks the bonus features used(made allowable) in them. Mappers can not make maps with those bonus features unless they too have unlocked them. Some suggestions below to only be allowed in this tab so as not to distract from the main N game style and gameplay.

Guest: It would be cool to have a map summary see pic
add on> Ability to make movies of runs within the game and save to your own computer as normal videos. Be able to post a 5sec video advertising your map that users can click to view (from userlevels list).

Spartax18: Bounceblocks could be rotated at n game angles -to enrich gameplay and looks.

Escapee: Userlevel mappers have to beat their own maps.
add on> But they would be able to beat it in a slowed down testing mode so that they wouldn't need to be fast players.(not too slow so its easy and boring to beat a long map and not too fast so it won't make any diff).
-Grady: alternative for such a test is being able to rewind gameplay if you mess up.
add on> Should have a minimum rewind time of about 15secs, otherwise if the mapper dies, it would be too easy for them to get good at a difficult point in their map as they would be able to repeat it over and over in an very short period of time during the test. Having to go back 15secs before attempting that difficult part would be more of a challenge. -Trouble is they could stand still for 15secs while the clock is running, but that's still a test of commitment. (If they die in say the first 7secs a rewind will not be given -they'll just have to start the test again).

I still thinking ratings out of 10 would encourage players to express their feelings about userlevels more, and mappers might respond with more appealing maps?

Sendy: Userlevel episodes
add on> Userlevels to have max four (different) exits per map and max four 'episodes' so each exit would take the ninja to one of the other maps in the episode. This can make a ''Checkpoints'' gameplay -because you can have episodes of the same identical map but with the ninja starting at different places i.e where it previosuly exited. -The video map adverts idea would help here.

One way panels to be made breakable and the mapper would have an option to stack them on top of each other which will change their shade so the player will know if they're too strong to break. It could be that a single panel can break if the ninja impacts it with extra momentum to running and bullets and rockets would peirce through it. But maybe with one or more panels a bullet or rocket pierce wouldn't mean it is wrecked enough for the ninja to break through it. Panels would have a set strength and enemies a set damage -so stacked panels could stop the first rocket etc.

About ''drone tracks'' with the one way panel idea mappers would be able to affect drone paths in a more aesthetic way (than by using sliding gates which is not really their purpose), and if some panels got broken during play, drones could move to other areas and end up on other paths :)

Why not try to bring back tile squeezes? -but unlike in N1.4 if the ninja impacts too fast/ squeezed too much it would die so it won't look like a bug.

A kind of orb/balloon (about the size of four tiles) which would fall quite slowly and the ninja can push it around and do small jumps from it. Jump pads would work on it (altho the ninja would be able to squeeze it upwards also etc) and guns and mines would pop it. Items could be placed inside it! (but maybe enemies would change it's weight). (inspired by TagPro game mentioned on forums lol).

An option which lets mappers place special background tiles in order to draw a nice background. These tiles would have the same rules+shapes as normal tiles but be a very pale colour and would have no effect on the ninja - purely visual. I think this has potential to create beautiful maps.

Draxobox: Floorguards to work on slopes
add on> Make floorguards be able to move over all flat surfaces including panels, blockgates and suggested gates that don't open for enemies (only for the ninja) and maybe walls (as they can break immediately it suggests specia traction) but won't move if there are gaps and changes in gradient. If a gate gets opened right underneath them they would fall through and carry on working (wouldn't be able to land on to a wall as they won't rotate in the air when falling. So the only thing they cant get over is angles and gaps which makes sense.

Metanet inspired (from n++) mini (1/4th of a tile) drones that the ninja can jump on (like metal balls) they could crush the ninja if walls of them come together and they can carry gold and mines stuck to them (like a transport system -they could be the only thing that can come out of the map via special openings and follow a drawn path (which would be slightly visible to the ninja)). Then you can make moving walls and platforms :) the fact that the ninja wont run smoothly over them (balls in a line) I think is even better and it'd be a challenge for pro players to precisely jump on them like we jump on the tops of 'sliding gates' in Nv2 plus u could make it that the ninja can just lean into the gap between two of them when they're going vertically to avoid falling down.

Maybe in Editor instead of placing tiles maybe you can have a cursor like a line drawer in windows Paint (except it snaps to acceptable angles).

Spy unit (could look like turret) which when they spot the ninja (with 360 visual) they relay information on where the ninja is to the enemies, except for zap drones (which could pass as too basic for it). Either the mapper can choose which enemies will have a link to it or it can have a set medium size circle range of transmission.

For the 'basic' zap drones, maybe when the seekers spot the ninja race in its direction until they meet a wall instead of turning normally (which can lead them to completely leave the space the ninja was in) they would always do a 180 to return to the place where they saw the ninja, after which they would continue as normal (or be forced to do a turn).

Palemoon: Rocket drone constantly firing with a delay between shots
add on> Could have limited ammo of about 20 larger rockets (unlike rocket turrets with unlimited ammo but can only control one rocket at a time cause of limited tech) which unlike rockets from the turrets, have their own visual tracking and can fly bit differently due to supposed extra weight etc.
-See changes to Rocket turrets below if only visual tracking is to be used in n game.

''Security lasers'' which can be set to move, if the beam is broken an alarm sounds and could trigger pressing of (hidden) switches set by the mapper, so they will open gates (releasing enemies) or activate block gates. They could be allowed to move more freely than those beams in n++

Draxobox: Grenade launcher
inspired> I think it would be good to have a Mine launcher turret (wouldnt need to vary fuses) which would roll and bounce of walls. The AI in the game Worms can do this accounding for terrain. If a direct hit isn't possible they would still shoot if can get close. -Would be helped by Spy unit suggestion so the mine launcher could shoot at the ninja over walls etc.

Someone said: ''Ghost'' An option to turn on a ghost-like ninja that represents a selected demo (just like the circle in Nreality).

Golfkid: Death speed slightly to high (can die from wall jumping in a 2tile wide tunnel)
add on> Assuming ninja might have a springy head, death speed going upwards (can also happen with aid of jump pads not just wall jumps) could be lowered.

Garaman: Rewards like bandanas for completing challenges
add on> ''Skins'' -option to have a male or female ninja skins and ones like Orchid from the game Killer instinct 1 (if no copyright), sumo ninja etc.

Someone on n2 said: When viewing replays the ninja colour of that player should be shown not your own.
add on> this can apply to skins used, just need a ref in the run data, to find which of the colous/skins stored in the game was used.

Revenge, when the ninja dies there could be an unlockable feauture to play as soft of ghost -the ninja would glow in a cool light and could disintegrate enemies by contact with them. Holding jump would make make it keep going upwards and maybe it could also borrow through tiles. -The suggested dodge button can be used to make it go downwards.

Version of ''survival mode'', both exit and exit button on a displayed timers set by the mapper.

Guest: Different types of ninjas
add on> Fat slow ninja that can move bounceblocks and suggested 'balloons' + break through one way panels more easily and further and small thin ninja with the opposite effects. -Good for multi player.

Superherohype: Cooler looking enemies
add on> Upgradable drones with cooler abilities like higher speed for some enemies, more spray for chain guns, more powerful jump pads (to compensate for removal of glitch boosters), more frequent fire, more powerful electric so that sparks can fly out to the ninja if it gets too close (and small sparks to nearby walls may look cool), floorguards with saws instead of zap.

Special resurrection diamonds or something(!) -which resurrect the ninja when its body comes in contact with them (+can work like the liquid Terminator if the ninja is in bits heh) so you can continue playing.

A kind of wormhole/ teleporter. A little elaborate glowing thing would appear and if the ninja goes into it, it slowly teleports the ninja (or an enemy) to another place on the map which I think would be cool especially on maps with lots of different enemies around. Their position would change every few seconds with some overlapping (e.g. two or three open at the same time). The mapper can decide where it would appear after each time interval and where it would take the ninja (+it would be on a cycle so if the mapper chooses 10 different locations -the 11th time the ninja uses it, it would appear in the 1st position). Option of random porthole positions too.

Realism-
Changes to seeker zap drones making them seem less stupid/tech a lot worse than the other enemies -but seeing them communicate with the suggested spy drone and moving on more complex paths would ease this appearance. -Also n++ mini zap drones make the normal ones seem even more dated.

As suggested above, one way panels should not be able to let drones through, like with the ninja. -Doesn't mean that they're not weak enough to let drones ram through them but the drones programming assumes that they are walls.

All non-zap drones seem to use the same 360 visual tracking as a gauss, so laser drones shouldn't have the same eyes/lenses as zap drones -Or that lense could be drawn on on the enemies that use it, and draw that zap drone eye on all drones -which would infact be like a basic eye for moving around in the basic way like they do.

Seems odd that rockets are the only enemy with non-visual tracking capability. I suggest that in n world the ninja is stealthy and can only be tracked with visual tech. So rocket turrets could be changed so that turret has the same eye as the other non zap drones and if the ninja gets out of its sight the rocket would just go straight until the turret finds the ninja again. The suggested spy drone and rocket drone (for different effect) can help this new weakeness.

Spartax18: Collidable with enemies
add on> Introduce physical interaction with all objects(not just thwumps) so can't go through them, can jump/stand on them (think cheekily using some drones like moving platforms). Dodging would be possible as just like in cartoons there would be space to the side. Why then won't enemies bump into each other? Because they choose to dodge each other but they would have no reason to dodge the ninja).
-So would the ninja be able to dodge a drone then? I think it would have to be by a timely press of a dodge button (down) -but it can be assumed that there won't be much space to move to the sides while the enemies are not trying to dodge you (probs the opposite) so zap drones, hot laser dones would still brush against the ninja and kill. Rockets too manuvarable to dodge -But an extra dodging ability can be a bonus feature.

Drones to run out of ammo eventually -gauss and rocket turrets can be unlimited as they are attached to the background wall like the Exits so can have a big hidden store/pipeline/porthole. When they run out they might keep going no longer tracking the ninja or stop.

When ninja reaches the exit why does it celebrate and let an approaching enemy kill it? -Could make an animation like the ninja gets absorbed into the exit and if celebrates does so on the edge and out of reach. (if the absorbtion has a time delay the ninja can be killed (incl by a fall to the exit) but then the suggested ressurection diamond can be placed so ninja is revived and then absorbed into the exit).

The ninja can wall jump too high (for its expected strength and compared to normal jump) which makes chimneying look too fake. Should be not much faster than a weasel going up a drain pipe. -Would help with ceiling deaths issue.

''Moderators''-
Metanet moderators or as- SqUADxZO: There would also have to be a strict application process of the volunteer mods.

Users could also alert moderators to possible plagiarism (maybe even by showing map link from other n versions) and mappers could alert the moderators to recommend their own maps be deleted.

Moderators could also approve user-made maps on which players can gain rewards for their highscores. -N game Points contest on the Forums was such a success because in a way this is what it does.

Rewards/unlockables

There was some talk about this:
Rewards can also be points which can be used to unlock things.
Can be given for beating stuff, for good stats and awards decided by monitors.

Fixes-
thejumper741 and others: fav mappers feed and toggle how maps and mappers are sorted -but that's already on n++
When a map link is shared like on N2 there should be a button to see the map's highscore board. (as opposed to having to start n and search by map number to see it).
Stacked bounceblocks (which can be good for gameplay) glitched in n2 -they should just work like a tougher bouceblock.
Diagonal panels like in N2 to be possible without tweaking the map code.
Tornado I think: Same goes for being able to place gates more precisely, that snap grid.
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

moved:
Poss. harmful notable suggestions-
Complied thoughts (no credits given):
-Player counts -too showing of how big/small the n community is.
-Health -no change in performance when being wounded is not realistic.
-Bullet time -because would only really benefit maps too cluttered with enemies.
-Gravity modifying -too slow annoying or too fast (even though it's cool).
-Terrain change -maybe too hard for mappers +easy to ruin gameplay and the look of n.
-Terrain rotation -other(non n game) angles affect speed and jumping ability +too hard to map. However terrain damage idea like in Worms can be programmed to change tiles to n game angles only.
-Layering user uploaded images over tiles and the background like is possible in N-reality -It would waste too much data capacity and userlevels could be filled with images that don't fit the look of the game.
-Special gates that only let through drones after which the ninja can sneak in. -I think the probelem is they're not simple enough and they highlight issues with the current sliding gates -i.e why build gates that your drones can't pass through.
-Spear drones based on the bow n arrow in the game Worms (can use arrows stuck in terrain to climb).
-There's lots of talk about drone paths/tracks -but they would have to be visible so the player can plan ahead better which is likely to spoil the look and being able to switch those tracks is an issue with its own problems. -But the suggested one way panels above could be a good enough alternative.
-I think having a drone move diagonally wouldn't look right (next to normal drones).
-You could have power ups activated by one extra keypress, but haven't found any to suit Metanet's idea of N
james_s
james_s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBOLT Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:11 pm

a lot of ideas crammed into 1 post - commitment there
TBOLT
TBOLT
Admin

Back to top Go down